- McGlynn, C. M. S. (2006). Families and the European Union: law, politics and pluralism. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (1998). The Woman Lawyer – making the difference. London: Butterworths.
- Hunter, Rosemary. McGlynn, Clare. & Rackley, Erika. (2010). Feminist Judgments: From Theory to Practice. Oxford: Hart Publishing.
- McGlynn, Clare. and & Munro, Vanessa. (2010). Rethinking Rape Law: international and comparative perspectives. London: Routledge.
- McGlynn, C. (1998). Legal Feminisms: theory and practice. Ashgate.
- McGlynn, C., Westmarland, N. & Downes, J. (2017). Seeking Justice for Survivors of Sexual Violence: recognition, voice and consequences. In Restorative Responses to Sexual Violence: Legal, Social and Therapeutic Dimensions. Zinsstag, E. & Keenan, M. Routledge.
- McGlynn, C (2010). Feminist activism and rape law reform in England and Wales: a Sisyphean struggle?. In Rethinking Rape Law: international and comparative perspectives. McGlynn, Clare & Munro, Vanessa London: Routledge. 139-153.
- McGlynn, C (2010). Marginalizing feminism: debating extreme pornography laws in public and policy discourse. In Everyday Pornography. Boyle, Karen London: Routledge. 190-202.
- McGlynn, C (2010). R v A (no 2): a feminist judgment. In Feminist Judgments: from theory to practice. Hunter, R., McGlynn, C. & Rackley, E. Oxford: Hart. 211-227.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2005). Reconciling Work and Family: the EU Agenda. In (Re)Producing Work: Labour Law and the Work/Family Divide. Conaghan J & Rittich Oxford University Press.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2003). Challenging the European Harmonisation of Family Law: perspectives on ‘the family’. In Perspectives for the Unification and Harmonisation of Family in Europe. Boeli-Woelki K Antwerp: Intersentia. 219-238.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2002). Strategies for Reforming the English Solicitors’ profession: An Analysis of the Business Case for Sex Equality. In Women in the World’s Legal Professions. Schultz U & Shaw G Hart.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2001). EC Legislation Prohibiting Age Discrimination: Towards a Europe for All Ages? In The Cambridge Yearbook of European Legal Studies. Dashwood A, Spencer J, Ward A & Hillion C Hart. 3: 279-299.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2001). Pregnancy Discrimination in EU Law. In Legal Perspectives on Equal Treatment and Non-Discrimination. Numhauser-Henning A Kluwer. 205-215.
- McGlynn, C (1996). EC Sex Equality Law: Towards a Human Rights Foundation. In Sex Equality Law in the European Union. Hervey, T & O’Keeffe, D London: John Wiley. 239-252.
Journal papers: academic
- McGlynn, Clare & Rackley, Erika (2017). Image-Based Sexual Abuse. Oxford Journal of legal Studies 37.
- McGlynn, Clare, Westmarland, Nicole & Johnson, Kelly (2017). Under the radar: the widespread use of ‘Out of Court resolutions’ in policing domestic violence and abuse in the UK. British journal of criminology
- Ward, Ian & McGlynn, Clare (2016). Women, Law and John Stuart Mill. Women’s History Review 25(2): 227-253.
- McGlynn, C. & Ward, I. (2014). Would John Stuart Mill have Regulated Pornography?. Journal of Law and Society 41(4): 500-522.
- Rackley, Erika & McGlynn, Clare (2013). Prosecuting the Possession of Extreme Pornography: A Misunderstood and Misused Law. Criminal Law Review (5): 400-405.
- McGlynn, Clare, Westmarland, Nicole & Godden, Nikki (2012). “I just wanted him to hear me”: sexual violence and the possibilities of restorative justice. Journal of Law and Society 39(2): 213-240.
- McGlynn, Clare (2012). John Stuart Mill on Prostitution: Radical Sentiments, Liberal Proscriptions. Nineteenth-Century Gender Studies 8(2).
- McGlynn, C (2011). Feminism, Rape and the Search for Justice. Oxford Journal of Legal Studies 31(4): 825-842.
- McGlynn, C (2011). Rape, Defendant Anonymity and Human Rights: adopting a “wider perspective”. Criminal Law Review (3): 199-215.
- McGlynn, Clare. & Rackley, Erika. (2009). Criminalising Extreme Pornography: A Lost Opportunity. Criminal Law Review (4): 245-260.
- McGlynn, Clare., Rackley, Erika. & Ward, Ian. (2009). Judging Destricted. King’s Law Journal 20(1): 53-67.
- McGlynn, Clare. & Ward, Ian. (2009). Pornography, Pragmatism and Proscription. Journal of Law and Society 36(3): 327-351.
- McGlynn, Clare. (2009). Rape, Torture and the European Convention on Human Rights. International and Comparative Law Quarterly 58(3): 565-595.
- McGlynn, Clare. (2008). Rape as “Torture”? Catharine MacKinnon and Questions of Feminist Strategy. Feminist Legal Studies 16(1): 71-85.
- McGlynn, Clare. & Rackley, Erika. (2007). Striking a Balance: Arguments for the Criminal Regulation of Extreme Pornography. Criminal Law Review 677-690.
- McGlynn, C. M. S. (2006). Families, Partnerships and Law Reform in the European Union: balancing disciplinarity and liberalisation. Modern Law Review 69(1): 92-107.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2002). Rights for Children: the potential impact of the European Union Charter of Fundamental Rights. European Public Law 8(3): 387-400.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2001). ‘European Union Family Values: Ideologies of ‘Family’ and ‘Motherhood’ in European Union Law’. Social Politics 8: 325-350.
- McGlynn, C. M. S. (2001). Families and the European Charter of Fundamental Rights: Progressive Change or Entrenching the Status Quo?. European Law Review 26(6): 582-598.
- McGlynn, C. M. S. (2001). Reclaiming a Feminist Vision: The Reconciliation of Paid Work and Family Life in European Union Law and Policy. Columbia Journal of European Law 7(2): 241-272.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2001). The Europeanisation of Family Law. Child and Family Law Quarterly 13(1): 35-49.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2000). Ideologies of Motherhood in European Community Sex Equality Law. European Law Journal 6: 29-44.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2000). Pregnancy, Parenthood and the Court of Justice in Abdoulaye. European Law Review 25: 654-662.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (2000). The Business of Equality in the Solicitors’ Profession. Modern Law Review 63: 442-456.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (1999). Women, Representation and the Legal Academy. Legal Studies 19: 68-92.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (1998). An Exercise in Futility: the practical effects of the social policy opt-out. Northern Ireland Legal Quarterly 49: 60-73.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (1996). Equality, Maternity and Questions of Pay. European Law Review 21: 327-332.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (1996). Pregnancy Dismissals and the Webb Litigation. Feminist Legal Studies 4: 229-242.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (1995). European Works Council: Towards Industrial Democracy? Industrial Law Journal 24: 78-84.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (1995). Re-writing the Corporate Constitution. Journal of Business Law 858-590.
- McGlynn, C.M.S. (1994). The Constitution of the Company: Mandatory Statutory Provisions v Private Agreements. Company Law 10: 301-307.
Journal papers: professional
- Clare McGlynn. & Erika Rackley. (2007). The Politics of Porn . New Law Journal 1142-1143.
Other publications: research
- McGlynn, C, Rackley, E & Westmarland, N (2007). Positions on the Politics of Porn: a debate on Government plans to criminalise the possession of extreme pornography. Durham: Durham University.